Find all our latest news, insights, and events
5 Tips on Integrating AI into your Healthcare Business
Posted: Apr 06, 2021 | Reading Time: 2 Minutes
Artificial intelligence has been increasing in use in the healthcare industry, and while it has many uses ranging from machine-learning powered diagnostic tools to discovering new drugs through AI-powered algorithms, the technology is still novel in its use. Health Leaders Media spoke to several healthcare experts who work regularly with AI in their medical practices to find out what many get wrong - or right - about the use of AI.
Here are five key takeaways on how to integrate the use of AI effectively into your healthcare practice.
1. Familiarize yourself with AI - many health system leaders don’t understand it. Plenty of healthcare experts still don’t truly understand what AI exactly means. While the most advanced forms of AI are focused on mimicking the full scope of human thought and behavior, the types of AI used in healthcare are much narrower in scope. AI in healthcare is mainly used to build up statistical and computer science tools that already exist to further improve them, such as interpreting x-rays or determining proper medications using various AI-powered techniques or algorithms.
2. AI can harness mass amounts of data that is commonly generated in healthcare. Hospitals and clinics are constantly producing large amounts of information that needs to be accessed and analyzed. Through machine learning processes and other computational tools provided by AI that can assist with the organization and access of data, mass information that would normally be almost impossible to utilize can be made more accessible.
3. AI can reduce provider burnout. The use of AI can reduce the workloads of healthcare providers by simplifying the healthcare delivery process through automation tools, especially for time-consuming tasks such as documentation.
4. Over-reliance on AI may diminish the cognitive abilities of clinicians. While AI is useful, providers still must be sure to double-check the output of information provided by their AI services. Some providers may go into autopilot mode and become too reliant on AI, which may lead to error.
5. AI has already made significant positive changes to the healthcare field. AI is currently being used to maintain personal protective equipment supplies for healthcare practices, predict how many hospital admissions to expect based on prior historical data, and to address patients with conditions such as sepsis and asthma to determine readmission risks and length of hospital stay.
AI is being used to boost efficiencies in multiple healthcare areas, and has been improving outcomes for patients as well as reducing practitioner workloads. The potential of AI in healthcare is immense, and if you can learn to use it properly, it can help to improve the efficiency of your practice, as well.
ClinTech Systems specializes in healthcare and business informational technology. We are the leading experts in HIPPA, PHI software compliance, integration of CRM, EMR, HRIS, Data Relays, Office 365, managed information technology systems, and offer CIO consultation to increase efficiency and enhance productivity. Our staff is highly focused on leading strategic innovations, troubleshooting complex problems, and building bulletproof solutions
Let's talk about your project and see how we can work together
We're a team of Engineers, Builders, Network Experts, and Creative Programmers. So, what can we create for you today?